What are soft tissues of the body?
The soft tissues of the body (in the sense that we refer to them) are made up of :
- muscles – moves and supports bones
- tendons – connects muscles to bones
- ligaments – connects bone to bone
- fascia – surrounds all muscles and bones
- cartilage / synovial tissue – material that makes up the joint capsules
These tissues are collectively responsible for holding the skeleton together in the correct place, and maintaining the body in an upright position against the constant pull of gravity.